Not much explaining to do here. This easy recipe is straight forward and damn good tasting. Sweet and savory collide for an unusually great pairing of bacon and dates. As the dates heat up they ooze with caramel flavor. While the bacon crisps up, it oozes with salty-smokey flavor. These make for a perfect movie snack, appetizer, or eat off amongst crossfitting Paleo friends…. Okay now, go make some!
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Soft Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/2 a strip of bacon per date
- Optional Goodness~ Fill the dates with goatcheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Wrap each date with a 1/2 strip of bacon (use a skewer to hold the bacon in place), then place it on a Pyrex baking dish.
- Bake until bacon begins to crisp, 10-12 minutes
- Serve immediately and enjoy!