There's nothing quite like a creamy caesar salad, especially in the height of the summer. The thick dressing coats light and crisp romaine topped with plenty of salty cheese, croutons, and the occasional grilled shrimp or chicken.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 anchovies
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 heaping tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 ½ - 2 cups olive oil, or combination of melted coconut and olive
- plenty of freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- Put garlic and anchovies food processor and give them a quick grind.
- Add egg yolks, mustard, and lemon juice. Run on high in food processor. Slowly add oil, drip by drip to the food processor.
- Once emulsified, add black pepper, cheese, and fish sauce. Pulse food processor to incorporate.
- Store in a glass jar, use within a week if refrigerated.