If you love spicy food, this simple relish is a must try. Fiery, yet flavorful, this condiment works with everything, from grilled meats to roasted fish. I love a generous dollop over a few sunny side up eggs in the morning!
Depending on your tolerance for spicy foods, you can use any chili pepper you wish, even adding in a few bell peppers if you wish to add a touch of sweetness to the spicy relish. I find that it grows more flavorful as it sits, so make a big batch and enjoy for weeks.
Chili Pepper Relish
- 1 pound of fresh chili peppers ( I used cayenne and serrano)
- 1/2 pound shallots, minced
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Up to 1 quart of olive oil
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
1. Slice up all the chili peppers then place in a large mixing bowl. Prep the shallots and onions, then combine with the peppers. Stir to combine, then add the parsley, acv, olive oil, and sea salt.
2. Mix well and allow to sit for 20 minutes before placing in a 1/2 gallon jar and place in the fridge. Use within 3-4 weeks.