Last summer I took a liking to whole roasted carrots. Besides making prep time a lot easier, I find they look quite sexy on the plate alongside a piece of roasted fish or grilled chicken. While the carrots can be seasoned with a wide variety of herbs and spices, the lemony flavor of the coriander seed is one of my favorites!
Coriander Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds assorted carrots
- 2-3 tablespoons melted ghee
- 2 tablespoons crushed coriander seed
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Give the carrots a wash, peel them if you'd like. I usually don't. Lay the carrots out on a sheet pan.
- Use a brush to coat the carrots then season with the coriander seed and sea salt.
- Roast in the oven, turning every 15 or 20 minutes until the carrots can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy with your favorite source of protein.