This simple yet delicious recipe combines a classic combination of dill and salmon. Stuffed into some hollowed out potatoes, this is a quick appetizer perfect for a mid day snack or a starter at your next dinner party.
Dilly Smoked Salmon Salad
- 6-8 small potatoes (Yukon, red skinned, or Katadhin)
- 2-3 tablespoons melted ghee or butter
- 4 ounces cured wild salmon
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 1/4 cup minded red onion
- 1/4 or more as needed creme fraiche (make your own here)
- a splash of lemon
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
1. Place the potatoes into a pot with some water. Cover and steam over medium-high heat until you can piece through with a knife, roughly 10 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the pan and allow to cool.
2. While the potatoes cook, mince the salmon the toss with the remaining ingredients. Taste, adjust seasonings as needed.
3. Use a melon baller or small spoon to scoop out the core of the potatoes.
4. Use melted ghee or butter and brush the potatoes then place into preheated 375°F oven until lightly browned.
5. Once baked, stuff the salmon filling into each potato and serve as is or gently warm in the oven. Serve immediately.