This recipe is about as simple as it gets and combines the rich, mild flavored stripped bass and current favorite seasonal condiment, chili pepper relish. A quick sear, or grilled on an open fire makes for a perfect summer or fall meal.
Striped Bass w/ Chili Pepper Relish
- 2 striped bass fillets
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1/4 cup chili relish (get the recipe here)
- Season the fish with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a lage skillet, add the ghee then once hot, carefully add the fish fillets, flesh side down.
- Cook for just a few minutes before flipping and cooking until just firm. If the fillets are thick, transfer into the oven for just a few minutes to cook through.
- Serve immediately, topped with the relish. Enjoy as is or with a side of sautéed greens.