With the daily hustle and bustle that so many of us live, it's important to have an arsenal of nutrient dense recipes that we can turn when time is of the essence. This seasonal salad can be on the dinner table in under 10 minutes and the ingredients can vary depending on whats in season or in your fridge. Creamy yogurt gives this simple salad a boost of nutrition and fills your belly with healthy bacteria. Cilantro, a powerful detoxifier adds a clean, fresh taste to the crisp raw carrots. Coriander seed, adds a subtle lemony flavor, especially when toasted in a dry pan. Enjoy! Seasonal Carrot Salad
- 1 pound of Carrots
- 1/2 cup Organic Raisins
- 1/2 cup of more unpasteurized Yogurt
- A few splashes of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted and ground Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Cilantro
- Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper
- First give the carrots a rinse. If the outside is clean, there is no need to peel them. Do as you please.
- Use a box grater or food processor to grate the carrots. Add them to a large bowl.
- Stir in the raisins, cilantro, coriander seed, and vinegar.
- Stir in yogurt until the carrots are nice and saucy. Don't add too much or it will get soupy.
- If you are going to serve this salad immediately, then go ahead and add the salt. if you are going to wait an hour or two, then hold off on the salt. Adding the salt will start to draw out the liquid and leave you with a ton of water at the bottom of the bowl. You want this dish to be nice and creamy.