There are certain culinary techniques that are just crucial to have in your repertoire, as they can sometimes pull you out of a pinch! The 6-minute egg is one of those recipes that really comes in handy. The soft, runny interior is my absolute favorite topping on a hot bowl of broth. They work great on big hardy salads and can also stand alone when you just want a quick snack.
If you are looking to do a little prep work, you cook these ahead of time, peel and quickly heat up again just before you serve your meal.
How to Cook a 6-Minute Egg
- 1 or more eggs, from happy hens
- really delicious cold water
- Fill a container large enough to fit the amount of eggs you wish to cook.
- Turn the heat on high and bring the water to a boil.
- Once boiling, carefully add in the yolks, then set a timer for 6 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the eggs and submerge them in ice cold water.
- Peel and eat as is, add to a flavorful broth, or serve over a seasonal salad.